For over 27 years, an independent voice
for South Dakotans with disabilities.
Do You Need to Register to Vote?
Registering to vote in South Dakota is a simple and easy process. Follow the guidelines below to register to vote.
To register to vote in South Dakota, you must:
- Be a United States citizen (South Dakota Constitution, Article VII, Section 2)
- Reside in South Dakota
- Be at least 18 years old on or before the next election
- Not currently serving a sentence for a felony conviction which included imprisonment, served or suspended, in an adult penitentiary system
- Not be judged mentally incompetent by a court of law
You may register to vote at the following locations:
- County auditor's office
- Driver's license stations (when you are renewing or applying for a driver's license you may also register to vote on the driver's license application)
- City Finance Office
- Public assistance agencies providing food stamps, TANF or WIC
- Department of Human Services offices which provide assistance to the disabled
- Military recruitment offices
For more information, go to the Secretary of State's website at https://sdsos.gov/elections
Survivors of Sexual Trauma Reveal an Important Truth
Assistance Animals Video